Thursday, April 25, 2013

Changes are for the Best - But Don't Foget to Coupon

What a Journey!

I have not written in a while as things have crept up on me and occupied most of my time. After a little over a Month of being unemployed - I found a new job. I started in March and I could not be happier. I work for an amazing woman at a Mortgage Company now as a Paralegal. She created the position and thought of me for it. I could not feel more blessed. Luke and I made it work during that short time - but we are so grateful to have a second paycheck and be back on track with finances again. You don't realize until its gone how hard it really is. But, during that time I became even more serious in COUPONS!

That is right - Coupons. I don't have a stockpile, except for a pantry I keep my canned goods in. I also only coupon for things we like and use - that way we don't go crazy. I am also doing a lot of freezer cooking ahead of time to make life easier when I get home.

For all my mommy friends out there - Diapers, Wipes and Baby Food are a Huge Struggle on costs. I admire people who do cloth diapers - but I just can't do that. I just don't have the time to when I work 8 - 4 and then come home for the second shift of dinner and baby :)

If you can get Diapers between $0.15 - $0.20 a diaper that is an Amazing Deal. I have scouted costs at all the major store and I have even found out that buying in bulk doesn't always provide the best deal. Don't forget to use coupons. I am also hoping to make my own baby food - but if I can find organic baby food for under $1.00 a pouch/jar - I buy it for trips etc.

If you read this by Saturday - Target has a great deal this week on baby food and Diapers.

Diapers: Jumbo Packs are 2 for $18.00. There are a ton of coupons out there (printables and paper) that you can use. www.coupons.com has pampers printables, huggies were in the Washington post this past weekend. You can get the packs down to about $6.00 - $6.50 each. We have upgraded to size 3 so you get less in each pack - but we have also found that Pampers Cruisers are ideal for nighttime and our active little boy who is constantly squirming!

Food: There are a ton of coupons online for Happy Family, Earth's Best and Plum Organics. You can get coupons ranging from $0.50 to $1.00. Combine this with a 10% off sale and a coupon from the Target baby book and you can get pouches/jars for under $0.70 each!

If you read this and want some help with coupons - let me know. I am learning but I would be happy to share my sources :)

dianna.m.rodriguez@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment