Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cleaning out the Fridge/Freezer... Meatball Casserole

It is that time again ... Clean out the Fridge/Freezer before Summer.

Luke and I try to save as much money as possible when dealing with groceries. We love going out to eat and continue to do that, but the only way we can do that is to save money in other ways.

I do a lot of Freezer cooking and make ahead meals. On Sunday night I was looking for something to make for dinner. I debated going and picking up a chicken, but I told myself no - we need to clean out the fridge.

In my Freezer I had ....

Meatballs
Potatoes

In my Fridge I had ....

Bisquick
Cheese
Eggs
Milk
Green Beans

So I created a Meatball Casserole!

10 - 15 Mini Meatballs - about 1 inch in size
2 cups of Mini Tater Tots (or 2 cups of frozen hashbrowns)
1/2 cup of Bisquick
1 cup of milk
2 eggs
1 cup of green beans
1 cup of shredded cheese

Heat Oven to 375 Degrees.
1) Layer tater tots or hashbrowns on the bottom of a lightly greased casserole dish.
2) Place meatballs as a second layer on top of potatoes.
3) Place Green Beans as a third layer on top of meatballs.
4) Whisk Milk, Eggs, and Bisquick. Disburse on top of casserole.
5) Sprinkle Shredded Cheese on top of casserole.

Bake for 30 minutes at 375 until lightly golden and liquid has set.

It was an interesting combination but turned out to be pretty delicious. We were all shocked!

So remember to think outside the box! Clean out your Fridge/Freezer and make something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment