Monday, September 16, 2013

Slow Cooker Lasagna

I am all about my slow cooker in the fall. My husband loves lasagna, but my problem is that it takes FOREVER to cook. 

Also to be totally honest I don't have an hour to cook before our 6 pm dinner time. I also rather go on a walk with my son and play with the dog before dinner.

So here is a way I can do a little bit of everything and make life simple!

Slow Cooker Lasagna

1 package of easy no boil lasagna noodles
1 package of low fat mozzarella/provolone shredded cheese
1 container of low fat ricotta cheese
1 cup of low fat parmesan shredded cheese
4 tbsp. of Italian seasoning
1 jar of marinara sauce (or you can make your own)
1/2 lb of ground beef
1/2 lb of ground turkey
1 tbsp. of olive oil

Brown ground beef and turkey in sauté pan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and 2 tbsp. of Italian seasoning.

While cooking, make a cheese mixture with ricotta, mozzarella/provolone and 2 tbsp. of Italian seasoning. Set aside.

In slow cooker - place a thin layer of marinara sauce and place 2 no boil lasagna noodles (you will likely have to place one then break one in half to coat the bottom. Layer with meat mixture. Add a thin layer of marinara sauce. Cover with cheese mixture. (it is ok if cheese mixture is stiff and clumps - it will melt).

Repeat process several times until you reach the final layer of noodles.

On final layer of noodles add marinara sauce and cover with 1 cup of low fat parmesan shredded cheese.

Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment