Tuesday, November 12, 2013

One Pot: Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

This recipe is quick and easy especially if you have leftover noodles from spaghetti!

When I make spaghetti I normally make extra noodles - that way I have leftovers during the week for other recipes.It is great when you want to do a 1 pot meal!


Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

1 lb of sirloin strips (you could even use a flank steak and cut into strips)
2 cups of Broccoli (I used 1 box of frozen broccoli)
1 red pepper (I buy the multi-pack and used half the pepper cut into strips)
1 yellow pepper(I buy the multi-pack and used half the pepper cut into strips)
1 orange pepper(I buy the multi-pack and used half the pepper cut into strips)
2 to 3 clementines (sliced) (or you can use 1 small can of mandarin oranges)
1/4 cup of orange juice
2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
1 cup of cooked spaghetti noodles

In a large saute pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and add sirloin strips. Cook over medium -high heat until brown. Reduce heat to medium- low and toss in soy sauce.
Add strips of pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add in 1/4 cup of orange juice, 2 cups of broccoli and toss until combined. Add in 1 cup of cooked spaghetti noodles and combine. Add slices of clementines or oranges and cook on low for 2 minutes until softened.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment