Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Simple Peach Upside Down Cake

I love the small boxes of Jiffy Yellow Cake Mix - they are just the perfect price and size. But what do you do when you don't have one?!? I haven't made a dessert in a while and wanted to do something special. I had frozen peaches which my son didn't like (silly children just want fresh).... so I thought hmmm what would be better than brown sugar, butter and peaches!

Peach Upside Down Cake

1.5 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 large eggs (I used egg beaters)
1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
1/2 cup milk (I had almond milk and it worked out just fine)
1 cup of frozen sliced peaches
1/4 cup of slivered almonds

Heat the oven to 400 degrees.

Lightly coat an 8-inch cake pan with PAM spray or vegetable oil. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, eggs, and milk in a kitchen aid mixer until just combined.

Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with brown sugar and almonds then layer peaches.

Add mixture on top.

Tap the pan on the counter to get out the air bubbles.

Cook for approximately 30 minutes until toothpick comes out clear when place in the center. Let cool on wire rack for 5 - 10 minutes then flip using a plate.

Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment