Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Version of Swiss Steak - Freezer Cooking

We went to BJ's last month and I got a package of 16 mini steaks for $14.00. So I decided to go ahead and split them up into packages of 3 for freezing.
But, I went ahead and got my freezer bags out and put them in the bags with some ingredients to make it easy to throw into the slow cooker in the morning.
Here is what I made...

Two meals of Swiss Steak (used with mashed potatoes/pasta)
Two meals of BBQ Beef (used for beef sandwiches/salad)
Two meals of Herb Steak (used for the grill)


Here is my recipe for Swiss Steak...

3 Mini Steaks
1 - 16 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 - 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 tbsp. of worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. of red wine
1 tbsp. of garlic powder.
2 tbsp. of dried minced onion.

1/4 cup of flour (for dusting of steaks)

Combine Crushed Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, worcestershire sauce, Red Wine, Garlic Powder and Minced Onion in a Freezer Bag.
Dust the Mini Steaks with Flour (both sides) Sprinkle Salt and Pepper on them. Put into Freezer Bag.

When you are ready to cook one - Take out of the freezer the day before and put in fridge. Then dump contents of bag into slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours for tender and moist Swiss Steak!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment