Friday, August 30, 2013

Light and Healthy Sausage Caprese Pasta


Henry and I decided to take a walk to the farmers market on Sunday and we found some fresh veggies/meats we decided to make a recipe out of.

This is what I came up with...

Sausage Caprese Pasta

1/2 lbs of Spaghetti or Angel Hair (I had free whole wheat spaghetti from a coupon last week)
1 cup of mixed grape tomatoes (sliced)
2 sticks of reduced fat mozzarella string cheese (sliced) (this is what I had in the fridge from a free coupon I had last week)
2 links of mild, sweet Italian sausage (crumbled)
olive oil
salt
pepper


Cook Pasta Al dente.

Sauté sausage in light virgin olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes. Add in grape tomatoes - and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for about 2 minute until fragrant and Tomatoes are just starting to soften.

Drain pasta and add to sauté pan. Toss in light virgin olive oil. Add sliced mozzarella string cheese.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment