Saturday, September 7, 2013

Quick time saving and money saving tip

When you have a coupon you can get packages of Perdue short cut chicken strips for less than $2.00.

I made burritos with my last box and posted the recipe previously. 

Then I made two other recipes with my second box! 

I made a Mexican pizza. 

On top of thin pizza crust I added 1/2 box of Perdue short cut southwest chicken strips, Mexican cheese, black beans and tomato sauce combined with 1/2 cup of salsa!  It was delicious!

The second recipe was tacos.

I sautéed 1 red bell pepper in a medium pan and added 1/2 box of Perdue southwest chicken strips. Cooked until fragrant. I then made 1 cup of yellow rice. I didn't want to buy yellow rice so my tip is to add 1 tsp of turmeric to your rice to add flavor and get the same color. There are also many health benefits to tumeric.

I served with the tortillas, leftover black beans, salsa and cheese! 

Enjoy! For about $7.50 you get 2 wonderful meals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment