Saturday, December 14, 2013

Easy and Simple Weeknight Chili (Slow Cooker)

I love something that is so simple and will be ready by the time I get home from work! It makes life so much better knowing that I don't have to cook when I get home and I can have more time to spend with my husband and son before he goes to bed.

Easy and Simple Weeknight Chili
1/2 lb of ground turkey
1/2 lb of ground beef
1 can of low sodium black beans
1 cup of frozen corn
1 16 oz can of tomato sauce
1 16 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
1 tbsp. of worcestire sauce
1 tbsp. of cinnamon
1 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of garlic
2 tbsp. of dried minced onion


My helpful tip is to brown the ground beef and ground turkey the night before - that way in the morning you just throw everything in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.

Serve with lettuce, cheese, sour cream/greek yogurt, and a few tortilla chips or fritos.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment