Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Old Bay Baked Potato Soup - Slow Cooker Style

What a great recipe for an easy all in one meal!

I had some leftover potatoes and cheddar cheese and wanted to come up with something simple.

Old Bay Baked Potato Soup

2 - cups of shredded frozen potatoes (I love these - I can make hash browns or mashed potatoes or even use them as a topping to shepherds pie - always have them in your freezer.
2 - potatoes diced (I love the texture of the mixed shredded with diced - you don't need them though)
1 - 8oz cream cheese (I love the one with Greek yogurt - it reduces the fat and provides a creamy texture of yogurt)
1 - cup of ham (I love to use a ham steak diced up - I got them for free two weeks ago at Harris Teeter and now have 6 in my freezer)
2 - cups of chicken broth
1/2 cup of Diced Onion
1/2 cup of milk
2 tbsp of Old Bay

For Garnish
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Sliced French Baguette

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Serve with a garnish of cheddar cheese and bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment